Mahesh K V
EMBEDDED + HARDWARE Engineer
I help companies engineer better products while avoiding all the pitfalls that I've fallen into
unwittingly. I have experience in end to end product development from ideation to production and
DFM. Experience running a small T&M business that 1000s of instruments designed by me. Self
Learner & Highly Adaptable.
Development Engineer - 2
Dec 2016 – Present
• Lead a 4 person Triage team responsible for Debugging issues.
• Responsible for identifying Hardware & Software issues.
• Responsible for user experience and driving Dev Teams to improve it.
• Carry out pro-active analysis and deep dives to get to bottom of the issue and deliver fixes.
• Conceptualized, Designed and Developed tools to automate workflow leading to productivity increases of 15%.
• Responsible for a reduction in crashes by 30% across 17M devices.
Allied Electronics Co.
2009 – 2016
- Ran a small business that shipped 1000s of products.
- Developed T&M Instruments and Low Power IoT Nodes.
- Worked on end to end design including Product Specification, BOM selection, PCB Design, FPGA Design, Software (uC + PC) and DFM.
- Designed complex mixed-signal designs involving High Precision Analog, WiFi, High-Speed Digital, and Power Supplies.
- Worked on designs involving High-Density Interconnects, Differential Routing etc.
- Consulted for Society for Electronic Transaction & Security (SETS).
Indian Institute of Technology, Guwahati
Master of Technology (M.Tech.) VLSI
Grade 8.98 / 10
2012 – 2014
Studied VLSI with a focus on computer engineering.
Worked on building FPGA accelerators for matrix solving.
Learned extensively about digital design and synthesis.
Worked on Algorithm Design and implementation for SPICE Accelerator architectures.
Sri Sivasubramaniya Nadar College Of Engineering
Bachelor of Technology (B.Tech.)
Electrical, Electronics and Communications Engineering
2009 – 2012
- Circuit Design
- FPGA Design
- C (Familiar with MISRA)
- Python 3
- Embedded Linux (Yocto)
- Xilinx ISE + SDK
- Eclipse + JTAG/SWD